Dextrose Monohydrate is the monohydrate form of D-glucose, a natural monosaccharide and carbohydrate. Dextrose serves to replenish lost nutrients and electrolytes. The agent provides metabolic energy and is the primary ingredient in oral rehydration salts (ORS) and is used in intravenous (IV) fluids to provide nutrients to patients under intensive care who are unable to receive them by the oral route. Solutions containing dextrose restore blood glucose levels, provide calories, may aid in minimizing liver glycogen depletion and exerts a protein-sparing action. Dextrose also plays a role in the production of proteins and in lipid metabolism
|APPEARANCE||WHITE CRYSTALLINE POWDER|
|SOLUBILITY||FREELY SOLUBLE IN WATER, SPARINGLY SOLUBLE IN ALCOHOL|
|APPEARANCE OF SOLUTION||CLEAR,ODOURLESS|
|SULFUR DIOXIDE||15PPM MAX|
|SULPHATED ASH||0.1% MAX|
|LEAD IN SUGARS||0.5PPM MAX|
|TOTAL BACTERIA COUNT||1000PCS/G MAX|
|MOLDS AND YEASTS||100PCS/G MAX|
Food Grade Dextrose Monohydrate
1. Dextrose Monohydrate is directly edible and can be used in confections, cakes, beverages, biscuits, torrefied foods,medicinal drugs jam jelly and honey products for better taste, quality and low cost.
2. For cakes and torrefied foods it can keep soft, and extend shelf life.
3. Dextrose Powder can be dissoluted, it can widely used in beverages and cold food.
4. The powder is used in artificial fiber industries.
5. The property of Dextrose Powder is similar to that of high maltose syrup, so that it is easy to be accepted in market